Let's Stay Connected
12/17/2008; ID # 172062
Part-time Positions Last updated: June 30, 2014
JOB TITLE: Part-time Concession Worker
Up to 28 hours a week. Must have a Valid Driver's License with a clear driving history, and a friendly personality.
HOW TO APPLY:
Mail/Deliver application to: Rick Haase, 1 Shorter Ave. Rome, GA 30165
Full-time Positions Last updated: June 30, 2014
JOB TITLE: Maintenance Crew Leader
DEPARTMENT: Rome-Floyd Parks and Recreation Authority
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for supervising inmates and involved in the maintenance of recreation and parks facilities.
- Performs maintenance on public facilities and parks which includes building and fence maintenance and repair, cutting grass for ball fields and lawn areas, and litter collection.
- Supervises the work of inmates performing park maintenance tasks.
- Prepares parks and facilities for special events and sets up tables, chairs, tents, and other equipment as required.
- Assists in maintenance on facilities and grounds including painting, cleaning restrooms, maintaining tennis courts and ball fields, repairing fences, and maintaining trail and dock areas.
- Assists with special construction projects and assists in frame construction, painting, landscaping, etc.
- Operates equipment and tools to cut and trim trees, hedges, and clear grounds areas.
- Insures that equipment operates properly and schedules routine maintenance and repairs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
- Knowledge of building and grounds maintenance techniques
- Knowledge of department policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of layout of various types of athletic fields, ball field maintenance, and landscaping techniques.
- Knowledge of basic construction techniques.
- Knowledge of supervision and security provision requirements for inmates.
- Knowledge of fertilizers, herbicides, pesticides, and application techniques.
- Skill in operating tools and equipment used in parks grounds keeping and maintenance (e.g., tractor, mowing attachments, dump truck, loaders, etc.).
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in supervising the work of inmates.
- Skill in driving county vehicle.
- Skill in routine equipment maintenance and repair.
GUIDELINES: Guidelines consist of safety regulations, Department of Corrections procedures for supervising inmates, the supervisor's instructions, and standing and special work orders. The guidelines are clear and specific, but may require some interpretation by the employee in application to particular situations.
COMPLEXITY: The work involves related tasks. Seasonal demands and equipment failures contribute to the complexity of the work.
SCOPE AND EFFECT: The purpose of the work is to maintain the buildings, facilities, and grounds of the Rome-Floyd Parks and Recreation Authority. Successful performance contributes to the public's enjoyment of the facilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The work of this position involves standing, bending, crouching, walking, or stooping, and frequently lifting objects weighing over 25 pounds. The employee uses tools and equipment requiring dexterity and must climb ladders.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is performed outdoors and occasionally in cold or inclement weather. The incumbent is exposed to dust, dirt, irritating chemicals, and grease as well as machinery and its moving parts. The use of protective devices is required.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY: This position has functional supervision over inmates.
- Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with the completion of high school or equivalent.
- No prior experience required to perform the basic tasks of the position.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
- No prior criminal record.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and physical exam.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain correctional officer certification from the state of Georgia.
Applicants should submit application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or to 1 Shorter Avenue Rome, GA 30165. No phone calls please.
Salary is $13.9161 hourly/$28,945.54 annually and grade/step 112/0