12/17/2008; ID # 172062
Part-time Positions Last updated: February 25, 2014
JOB TITLE: Lifeguard
DEPARTMENT: Rome-Floyd Parks and Recreation Authority
JOB SUMMARY: Maintains safe swimming conditions in the pool, on the deck and surrounding areas. Create a safe and positive atmosphere for pool customers.
- Maintains constant surveillance of the pool and pool areas.
- Maintains current knowledge of all emergency procedures within pool and pool area.
- Responds to emergency situations immediately in accordance with RFPRA policies and procedures. Provides timely and accurate reports of any incident to Pool Supervisor.
- Perform routine checks of all facilities at the pool, including the restroom area. Clean restroom areas as needed.
- Ability to take instruction from Lead Lifeguard and Pool Supervisor.
- Assist in learn to swim programs.
- Minimum age of 16
- Current lifeguard certification
- CPR/AED/Basic First Aid Certification
- All qualified applicants must possess a valid Georgia Driver’s License, and be able to pass a background check and drug screen.
- Must be available to work the hours between 11:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Additional hours may be available during private pool rentals. The pool season is May 22nd-September 1st.
HOW TO APPLY:
Mail/Deliver resume and application to: Attn: Rebecca Wood 1 Shorter Ave. Rome, GA 30165
Submit application via email to email@example.com
Full-time Positions Last updated: February 25, 2014
Position Title: Recreation Program Coordinator: Gymnastics
Supervises: Part-Time Staff and Volunteers
Under general supervision of the Gymnastics Coordinator and in sports division, develops, coordinates, implements, schedules and evaluates a variety of programs including camps; instructional classes; events; recreational gymnastics programs and classes; and assist with team programs as needed.
Essential functions may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinates, organizes, schedules, budgets, develops and implements recreation activities, athletic programs, events, classes for youth, wellness classes, camps and programming for special populations
- Work independently and prioritize job tasks to complete them within specified deadlines
- Evaluates programs for effectiveness and participation levels, assists in the development of new programs and recommends changes; tracks services provided, monitors results and generates operational reports as needed
- Maintains program accounting and administrative records; tracks expenditures and revenue and orders supplies and equipment in accordance with Authority policies
- Monitors the day to day operations of recreation programs including handling and resolving complaints and ensuring that programs have required materials and supplies, and formulates and organizes program schedules and rentals
- Assists with interviews, train and supervise part time recreation staff on a continuous basis
- Coordinates facility rental contracts and serve as the liaison between the clients and Authority
- Enforces Authority policies and procedures for staff, instructors, volunteers and rental groups as well as enforcement of safety and operating procedures
- Maintain inventories of all necessary equipment and supplies
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the rules, principles and practices of a variety of sports and their application to individual and group behavior
- Maintain certification in: First Aid, AED, CPR and USAG Professional certification
- Excellent skills in dealing with the public to achieve customer satisfaction
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to develop and modify recreational programming to meet the interests of the community
- Proven ability to work independently and multitask several projects at one time
Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation Administration or related field and work experience in recreation or related field or the equivalent combination of education, training and work experience. In addition, candidates must have proven experience in recreational gymnastics.
Valid Georgia driver’s license and First Aid and CPR certifications required within six months of hire. Certification as a Certified Parks and Recreation Professional required based on NRPA qualifications. Hold a valid USAG professional certification.
Work schedule may vary widely depending upon program needs; including weekends and after normal business hours as necessary or required by programming.
Mail, email or delivered resume and cover letter to:
Rome-Floyd Parks & Recreation Authority
Attention: Matt Zollitsch
1 Shorter Ave
Rome, GA 30165